HRV Engineering employs a team of highly experienced specialists providing a wide range of professional services relating to environmental consulting.
Drawn from a variety of disciplines, the team includes biologists, geologists, geographers, social scientists and environmental engineers.
Wide range of environmental consulting services:
- EIA reports. We are specialists in the production of EIA reports for construction projects and general public planning, including heavy industry, high-voltage transmission lines and hydroelectric and geothermal power plants as well as harbor construction, landfills and traffic structures.
- Environmental monitoring involves the systematic, on-going registration of those aspects of a company's external environment that may be affected by its operations. We have handled environmental monitoring for, among others, the Icelandic Alloys ferrosilicon plant, the Nordic Aluminum smelter at Grundartangi and the Alcoa Fjarðaál smelter in Reyðarfjörður.
- Green audits play an important role in EIA. Reports of this type include a description of environmental and social conditions, as they exist on a site before a project commences, and focuses on factors such as flora, fauna, geological status, noise levels and social issues.
- Operating licenses. We draft operating licenses for companies whose activities may involve the emission of pollutants. And, as the granting of such licenses is often dependent on the EIA report, the two are often closely tied together.
- Education. In the area of environmental issues education plays an important role in the operation of HRV Engineering. Our employees regularly attend courses and seminars on enviromentally-related issues in order to increase the level of knowledge and expertise within the company. Our employees act also as educators in the community, holding lectures at conferences and in schools.
Since environmental legislation was first introduced in Iceland, we have played a leading role among those consultancies involved in environmental consulting, monitoring and preparations of EIA reports.
For more information, please contact us.